WordPress Training London
Courses are conceived and delivered with your and your team’s specific business goals and personal knowledge in mind. I cater for the total beginner to advanced users, all the way to building and developing a site such as these in my portfolio and beyond. Delivered in central London and virtually.
Bespoke WordPress Training
I offer custom designed WordPress training sessions to fit your specific needs, training will be based on your current website and any combination of sessions as necessary. Or as a complement to any WordPress consulting and development work I carry out for you.
Advanced WordPress training course
Suitable if you feel comfortable with most of the topics in the beginner course.
- All the above (refresher where needed)
- Themes vs Frameworks
- Running a live test environment (on the web)
- Install and configure WordPress
- Install and configure themes
- Install and configure plugins
- Child themes for making changes safely
- Backup WordPress
- Move WordPress within your server or to a new server
- SEO plugins and themes
- Website speed and caching plugins for WordPress
- Selecting the “right” WordPress theme for your own skills
- Convert your wordpress.com into a wordpress.org CMS website
Beginner WordPress training course
This will be for the total beginner or for someone new to WordPress, we can cover:
- WordPress.com cloud-based vs wordpress.org self-hosted
- WordPress themes / templates
- WordPress plugins, installation and configuration
- Creating pages
- Creating blog posts
- Drafts and publishing pages and blog posts
- Formatting content
- Adding media, images, video and sound files
- Working with widgets
- User management
- Backup your content and files
Advanced WordPress SEO training
The advanced WordPress SEO courses assume a degree of knowledge and experience of both WordPress and SEO. As a guide, the list of topics in the beginner course should be an indicator that you are an advanced user. If you feel you and your team are comfortable with most of these topics we can tailor your course accordingly.
Advanced WordPress SEO topics we can cover:
- Website speed and caching plugins for WordPress
- Selecting the “right” WordPress theme for your skills
- Advanced WordPress technical audit
- Google Analytics setup and configuration
- Google Search Console setup and configuration
- WordPress site architecture for SEO
- Woocommerce SEO
- WordPress Canonicalisation
- WordPress indexing what to index
- XML Sitemaps
- Schema and Rich Snippets
- AMP is it for you?
- Content marketing and modern SEO
- Anything specific to your project
Beginner WordPress SEO training
My bespoke beginner WordPress SEO courses are tailored to your needs. If you are completely new to WordPress, SEO or both, or have just started this is the ideal course for you. My courses are not an academic exercise one size fits all. However, you can expect to learn all the basics of WordPress SEO. What constitutes good and bad SEO.
Beginner WordPress SEO topics we can cover:
- WordPress.com (cloud based) vs wordpress.org (self-hosted)
- White hat SEO vs Black hat SEO
- Staying within Google guidelines
- Overview of Google search algorithms
- Best WordPress SEO plugins
- Technical SEO basics and auditing tools
- Crawling, indexing and ranking
- Keyword research and tolls
- Developing a keyword strategy
- ON page ranking factors
- Page structure for good SEO
- Website architecture
- Off page factors – link building vs link earning
- Mobile SEO
As I offer bespoke courses, the above serves as a guide to what we can cover, however, your specific course will be tailored to your and your and your team’s current knowledge and website or the plans you have for your next one.
WordPress training London locations
- Virtually – including multi-location video conferencing
- At your office within zone 1 to 3, further out may carry other charges
- Another place you work from, hotel, gallery, museum, etc.
- At my office in Paul Street. Additional fees may apply
- NEW High-end hotels and coffee shops across London (dedicated work wifi network) – sign up for AndCo and get 14 days free on me: https://www.andco.life/r/pedro-20
If you’re outside London or the UK, I am also more than happy to travel to meet you, please get in touch to discuss any extra arrangements, typically travel and stay
How much does it cost?
Prices are currently on a per project basis please enquire
100% relevant to your site
- You can pay via bank transfer, PayPal, card, cash or Bitcoin
- All training requires advance booking and payment
WordPress training for teams
Begins at 2 hour per session.
See also SEO Training London.
Book Monday to Friday from 10.00 to 19.00 hours, slots are normally available within two/three weeks at the most.
I offer language services online and because I regularly work on bilingual websites, copywriting, teaching and translating, I needed to adopt SEO best practices. I chose Pedro Matias because I kept reading comments he’d written about SEO, all over the web, his SEO wisdom is practically everywhere!
I had already researched a lot about SEO before I started the course, but had gaps in my knowledge.
He designed a really helpful personal learning plan, and adjusted it as we went through the course, clearly explaining the most recent thinking behind new-school SEO and Social! The lessons were at convenient times, and he’s a lot of fun.
Thanks and Bravo Pedro, I’ll be back for a refresher soon!
english language Teacher
I was keen to and learn how to develop my SEO for my newly built Thesis 2 based website and spent many days searching for a SEO expert that I could meet with in person. Pedro was appearing top in many of my Google searches so I knew he was good.
I’ve now had four sessions with Pedro. With his guidance and training my website SEO has improved greatly and my daily hit count is continuing to increase.
During each two hour session I take notes so that after each meeting I have a list of SEO improvements to make at my own pace over the coming weeks.
Pedro’s engaging and well structured SEO training has fitted in well around my freelance video production work. I would thoroughly recommend his skills as a SEO expert.
Ready to Book
I’m already looking forward to making a difference to your business
Who is this WordPress course for?
This course is for users of WordPress of all skill levels as in the options above, as well as some fairly advanced server migration and site clonings. Includes child theme creation and potential some minor code edits and small changes. It is not however, designed for web developers or coders in the strict sense.
Where is the WordPress training delivered?
Please see above, this can be at your office, my office in Paul Street Shoreditch or a number of high end locations across London, the UK and beyond, and also virtually if you prefer.
How relevant will the course be to our website?
100% relevant we usually work with your site and completely bespoke designed around your content as well as the skill level of any course attendee. We can also use a temporary site on our servers if you do not have one yet, or your site is about to launch but you still have no access to it.
Do you offer follow up support after the course?
Yes we support you with any questions related to what was covered in your course. We also have further consulting and support options for more in depth and ongoing support.
How is WordPress training priced?
WordPress training is currently priced on a per project basis, depending on the site you are using, your (your team’s) skill level and the combination of sessions as needed.
Ready to Book
I’m already excited and looking forward to making a difference to your business