WordPress training courses in London are conceived and delivered with your and your team’s specific business goals and personal knowledge in mind. I cater for the total beginner to advanced users, all the way to building and developing a site such as these in my portfolio and beyond.
I offer custom designed WordPress training sessions to fit your specific needs, training will be based on your current website and any combination of sessions as necessary. Or as a complement to any WordPress consulting and development work I carry out for you.
120 mins 1-2-1 WordPress Training
WordPress training locations in London
If you’re based in London we can meet at your workplace, your hotel or favourite coffee shop. I am also part of a co-working group with over 20 locations in central London. From Old street and Shoreditch to Green Park and Oxford Circus. Many other locations within the London inner ring road. Holborn, Mayfair, Soho and Marylebone are my favorites at present.
For 2 hour 1-2-1 training sessions, communal areas and cafes are available.
For teams and more private arrangements we can hire private rooms at these locations.
If you’re outside London or the UK, I am also more than happy to travel to meet you, please get in touch to discuss any extra arrangements, typically travel and stay.
You can pay via bank transfer, PayPal, card or cash.
Beginner WordPress training course
This will be for the total beginner or for someone new to WordPress, we will cover:
- wordpress.com (cloud based) vs wordpress.org (self-hosted)
- WordPress themes (templates)
- WordPress plugins, installation and configuration
- Creating pages
- Creating blog posts
- Drafts and publishing pages and blog posts
- Formatting content (the kitchen sink)
- Adding media, images, video and sound files
- Working with widgets
- User management
- Backup your content and files
Advanced WordPress training course
- All the above (refresher where needed)
- Themes vs Frameworks
- Running a live test environment (on the web)
- Install and configure WordPress
- Install and configure themes
- Install and configure plugins
- Child themes for making changes safely
- Backup WordPress
- Move WordPress within your server or to a new server
- SEO plugins and themes
- Website speed and caching plugins for WordPress
- Selecting the “right” WordPress theme for your own skills
- Convert your wordpress.com into a wordpress.org CMS website
As I offer bespoke courses, the above serves as a guide to what we can cover, however, your specific course will be tailored to your and your team’s current knowledge and website or the plans you have for your next one.
WordPress training for teams
There is a two, three and four-hour model and other combinations are also possible.
Book me from 10.00 am to 6.00 pm. Two, three and four hour slots are normally available within two/three weeks at the most, please get in touch with your preferred dates.